HOMEABOUT MERESUMESCRAPROOMLAYOUTSINSPIRATIONEMAIL

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hello Rock Hall Marina {CSI Case File No. 236}

Our August mid-month challenge is live at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration!

Here's the page I created:


And here's the Case File. Clues I used...Evidence: stripes, polka dots, wood, gold, banner, wet medium, nautical elements, clouds, sun (sort of), animal, wave shape, jute, triangles, buttons, ombre; Testimony: document an adventure, 6-word memoir

Here are some details. That little sailboat was cut from an Imaginisce paper I've had for a few years. My 6-word memoir was created from two phrase stickers. The banner is by Recollection. The wood anchor is from Michael's. I got it this summer, and it was so perfect for this page. As you can see, my chipboard title is gold (I hate the way gold sometimes photographs dark).

So I wanted to use this wave paper, which is sort of ombre, as the background for my page, but I didn't want to cover it up too much so that you could tell it was waves, which is why I designed my page sort of vertically. I felt it still needed another layer to tie all the elements together, but not wanting to cover up the waves, I decided I'd put it all on vellum, which did the trick.


How cute is that teeny-tiny crab? He's about a half-inch wide, from a border strip on a Bella Blvd. paper (Secrets of the Sea collection). He was a pain in the neck to cut out because he was so tiny, but I'm happy I hung in there because I love how he looks on the tail of the h. 

I've recently made a promise to myself that I'd use a stamp on every layout I make because I have so darn many and always forget to use them. I was looking for a label to put "Rock Hall" on my title, and I couldn't find one, but then I realized I probably had a stamp that would fit the bill. I found one the perfect size (about an inch long) by Pinkfresh. The color of the embossing powder I used looks really off in the picture, but in real life it's closer to the colors in the palette. It's a mystery to me why the camera changes colors.


Those clouds are by My Little Shoebox, a company which I don't think makes scrapbook stuff any more. I wanted to add a sun behind the clouds, and I found the perfect piece of wood veneer to use for this. That "Travel Record" bit is from an old Teresa Collins paper.


How awesomely opaque is that white spray ink? It's by Dylusions.


I hope you'll come play along! Please let me know if you have any questions about the CSI challenges. They might look complicated, but they're really easy. They're fun, plus we have eight awesome sponsors donating prizes:



cubeupload

1 comment:

Janet Fritz said...

I love every one of your layouts and this is no exception! I love the stitching and the vellum, it's clean but there is so much to see. Love every bit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...